Sunday 3 July 2011

We're home.

I cant quite put into words all what I want to say and explain but here's my attempt....

We are all back in England and it feels strange.
I think its going to take a couple of days for it to really sink into me what we have achieved as a team.
I'm so proud of us all, there's not enough words to describe how all 13 of us bonded from the first team building day to today when we all went our separate ways. I must admit, I feel quite lost without everyone!

Id like to thank NCHA, Build for Better lives, Habitat for Humanity,African Exposure and everyone who donated to this amazing 2 weeks from the bottom of my heart. I would especially like to thank Sam, Alex, Shaun and Matt, because with out them we would have been lost. There were always making sure that we had drunk water, put suncream on, got up on time, taught us and most importantly to me being there for us 24/7.

It has been an honor  to be one of the 9 service users to go and build a home for Princess, to renovate the school in shongewni and meet the people of Umtombo. Ive learnt so much about South Africa, its culture will stick with me for the rest of my live as will the people I have meet and shared the experience with.

I feel that these two weeks have changed me so much and I hope that in the future Build for Better Lives continues to do amazing things with other tenants in South Africa as it is the most amazing feeling in the world to be able to help people and know that as an individual you have made that difference in the world.

CONGRATULATIONS TEAM!!! we did it !!!!

 :)

1 comment:

  1. When we on the steering group read these last two posts as well as the rest of the blogsite we know that all the time and effort over the past 22 months has been worth it. And it has been great to be so involved in such a project.

    Really really pleased for you all.

    David E

    ReplyDelete