Thursday 30 June 2011

The story of today (my birthday)

hello this is natalie speaking from the heart.....
so today began with the final day, we had to finish the 3 rooms which we managed successfully, as well as that massive accomplishment we had an afternoon barbecue and watched a cow being slaughtered and butchered in a traditional zulu ceremonial ritual in preparation for the pastor's marriage. I was treated to a happy birthday song from the local children which was absolutely great, there faces really made my day as they were smiling and singing to me...it has to be the best happy birthday song ever sung to me...after that we played football with the team at the centre which was a challenge but a good laugh at the same time. When the food was ready we sat and had our last meal in Africa together, and after that i was surprised with a birthday cake which topped my day up, the cake was lovely and i really appreciate the amount of effort everyone went to to make my birthday a great day, thank you every one, lots of love nat.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely way to spend your birthday Natalie, and your heartfelt blog is very moving. The overwhelming emotions wrapped up in your memories of your adventure will motivate you for years.

    ReplyDelete